To realize the human resource potential of the State to its fullest in the Higher Education sector, with equity and inclusion.
- To enhance access to Higher Education, ensuring equity, and in particular to the vulnerable sections of the society.
- To improve employability of students graduating from higher educational institutions
- To promote quality of Higher Education
- Development of vocational education and skill education
- To frame policies and programmes for strengthening research & innovations and encourage higher educational institutions – public or private – to engage with industry and society.